What do you REALLY need in your hospital bag? Less than you might think. The hospital provides the essentials: diapers (baby AND you wink), wipes, onesies, and even formula is you're not breastfeeding. After 4 babies, I've got packing the hospital bag down and simplified to the MUST HAVES.
First up, FOR BABY:
- Quinn St. Newborn Essential Bundle- The only thing you need for baby. Nurses/Drs will love how the gown provides easy access for checks. The swaddle is 100x better than the scratchy blankets the hospital has. Add in a cute hat or headband and you're ready for darling hospital pictures.
- Going home outfit- Again, our essential bundle has you covered with a gown (just untie for the carseat!), swaddle and hat/headband. I'd bring an extra knotted gown just in case something gets dirty (spoiler, it will).
- Pacifiers- You'll want a couple options, depending on which one your baby prefers. We love these simple modern ones.
Now, FOR YOU:
- Comfy robe- A robe gives you comfort (no one wants anything on their waist after giving birth), easy access for Dr/Nurse checks and you're still covered when you want to be.
- Socks and slippers- my feet always got cold so I loved having cozy socks and you'll want slippers to walk around the hospital in.
- These nightgowns are amazing. All the features you want to keep you comfortable as you recover.
- Blanket and Pillow- you'll spend a good amount of time in the hospital bed. Might as well have it be a little more comfortable.
- Coming home outfit for you. You'll want it loose and cozy.
- Toiletries and flip-flops for the shower
- Favorite snacks for you and your partner
- Extra long phone charger cord
- If you are breastfeeding you will want to bring a nursing bra.
Obviously everyone will have little things to add but you'll be covered with this list!