Planning a baby shower for yourself or for a loved can feel intimidating, but we’ve thrown one or two and have some tips and tricks to share with you.
Hopefully these insider tips will give you all the tools you need to throw a successful shower! Spoiler alert: anything you do will be amazing and appreciated.
- Introductions are important! Be sure to introduce people as they come in. There is likely going to be a mixed group of people and you want everyone to feel welcome.
- Set the tone with decorations. You don’t need to go overboard with decorations, just do what you feel is best. If there is a theme, be sure to let your guests know in advance.
- Add some personal touches. Photos of the parents as babies, ultrasound pictures, anything that will make it feel a little more like the parents to be.
- Set the date. Usually the baby shower happens in the final 2-months of pregnancy, but pick a date that works best for you and be sure to give guests plenty of notice.
- Keep the gift table visible and accessible. You’ll be thanking us when no one asks where to set the gifts and how easy it is to unwrap and show everything off when the table is somewhere convenient.
- Pick a host. Having someone to help day of with keeping notes on presents, helping with refreshments and introducing people.
- Give a gift that the mom actually needs. We know it can be fun to get caught up in all the cute items for newborns, but be sure to pick something off a registry if there is one. We think our Newborn bundles make the perfect gift for baby showers.
What tips or tricks did we miss? Let us know in the comments!